Re: [oletrucks] Column Shift Box

To: my51truck@eudoramail.com, old-chevy-truck@onelist.com,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Column Shift Box
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 12:10:43 EST
    Dave had asked what problems I was having with the column shift, and the
answer is sloppiness. The lever has exaggerated movements, and would not
always shift the gear. I have only driven my truck about a mile (no brakes)
and only in low or second gear. Even in that short distance the shift was not
doing it's job, so I suspected the shift box. Now I wonder if the problem
might be at the top of the steering column rather than the bottom.

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://www.aeromark.net