Re: [oletrucks] More sandblasting questions.

To: "Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] More sandblasting questions.
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 20:34:24 -0800
Hi Mark:

I'm in the San Fernando Valley, and I don't have any moisture problems with
sandblasting.   My compressor lines sometimes generate a little
condensation, but the garden variety in-line water trap seems to take care
of it.  Are you using pressure or suction?

I have found that a lot of my light sandblasting jobs work quite well with
baking soda.  Baking soda disappears with a little hosing and is much more
pleasant to use than beads or sand.  You're not chewing and blinking it for
days, and it washes right out of your hair.  For little jobs, you can buy a
quart of it at Smart & Final, pull the lid off and stick your suction end
right in the jar.  You can also buy 50 lb bags from chemical suppliers in
various grades of coarseness.

Regards,

Grant S. gls@4link.net