[oletrucks] Front hood chrome for 53 3100

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Front hood chrome for 53 3100
From: Dick Byrne <lindalnhvt@sugar-river.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 20:53:21 -0500
I carefully cleaned and polished the hood chrome piece on the front center
of my 53 3100 5 window two years ago.  I carefully put it away someplace
safe, but now I can't find the "safe place".  The truck is just about ready
to drive again and I need one of these pieces so I can reattach the painted
piece that joins the two halves of the hood.  Water now leaks into my newly
finished engine compartment through those little holes.  Does anyone have
one of these chrome pieces that has the connecting hardware on the back
that they would be willing to let go for a reasonable price.  I can buy one
from one of the catalogs, but suspect it will be a cheap reproduction.  At
least a small piece like this can be mailed easily.  I'd be glad to hear
from anyone that can help.  Happy holidays to all.
Dick Byrne
Contemporary Homes
Box 129
Sunapee, NH 03782