[oletrucks] Power brakes

To: oletrucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Power brakes
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 19:53:34 -0700
Howdy..

I still have manual brakes on my ole trucks.  But, I did hang a power
brake booster and master cylinder on the firewall of my 39 Chevy sedan
(over 10 years ago).  I used a booster and pedal assy from a 78-87 type
Monte Carlo/Regal/Cutlass type car, and a m/c from a 70s Camaro to match
the brakes I was using (11" rotors front, 9.5" drums rear), as well as
the prop valve from one of these cars.  The pedal bracket is very
simple, it has the 4 holes to mount to the booster studs...that's it.
Includes the brake light switch also.  I used a couple pieces of 1/2" sq
tube from the top of the firewall to the bend at the top of the
toeboard.  The firwall was kind of flimsy till I did this...remember,
you're pushing on that pedal pretty hard when you have to stop quick!

Jim