[oletrucks] 59 door seal metal retainer, Whatsit?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 59 door seal metal retainer, Whatsit?
From: "Eric and Linda St.Phillips" <lstphil1@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 10:43:54 -0500
Hi All,
Could someone please explain the funtion of the metal strips that are sold
to "secure" the weather seal to the bottom of the door. I've used the clip
on rubber with a little adhesive here and there as in the assembly manual
but from the lack of screw holes, my doors never had a metal strip along the
bottom of the door. Do I need or want one? Thanks.
Happy New Year to ALL
Eric A. St.Phillips
1959 GMC 100
Fairport, NY