Re: Fw: [oletrucks] 8 VOLT BATTERY

To: "Don Slaney" <ppm@dlcwest.com>,
Subject: Re: Fw: [oletrucks] 8 VOLT BATTERY
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 18:31:14 -0600
My experience is that the generators put out as much as 20 volts (yes, 6
volt generators), but the regulators choke the voltage down to 6 volts & the
regulators are what need to be "tweaked" to 8 volts or the 8 volt batteries
get starved & die early.  I found it simpler to just go with 12 volts (don't
even have to change the generator or starter).

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX