Re: [oletrucks] 8 VOLT BATTERY

To: Bruce Damen <little-castle-contracting@cadvision.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 8 VOLT BATTERY
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 15:33:49 -0500
Bruce,
   Not sure who you're addressing but it wasn't me who suggested I wanted to go
8
volts. I already have a truck converted to 12. I've done 12 volt conversions on
these trucks since before they made alternators with integral regulators. I
simply
have a 2nd vehicle for around town that I would like to keep 6 volts and am
looking
for quality in a battery. While I understand the reasons for converting to 12
there
is also something to be said for keeping it 6, or the next best thing, 8, like
the
sound of the stock horn working correctly or the 6 volt starter turning over
(hopefully :>). I think 8 volts may be a matter of preference, not one of saving
money.
   Just want to thank everyone who gave suggestions on buying a 6 volt battery,
time to go shopping.

Thanks, Grant