RE: [oletrucks] 235ci and 4BB Experiences

To: "'Jack Halton'" <safesix@earthlink.net>, Stephen <slb1@humboldt1.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 235ci and 4BB Experiences
From: MIKE RAHL <MRAHL@martinmartin.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 11:38:00 -0700
I tried the Fenton/Clifford 4 barrel setup.  There will definitely be some
grinding/milling of clamps and bosses to get this to work.  From what I
understand this is always going to be the case when Fenton's are used with
any intake.  My major concern with the setup was on the bottom of the
Clifford water jacketed intake there is a bulge in the casting which
contains a water jacket plug which interfered with the front pipe of the
Fenton's.  I felt this would require more material removal to get this to
work than I was comfortable with.  I also wasn't real happy with how the
Clifford 4 barrel intake looked with the Fenton's.  I think the Fenton's
look much better with a dual single barrel setup.  Therefore I went with the
Clifford "Street-Rod" tube headers which obviously fit very well with the
Clifford intake.  I bought everything from Tom Langdon at Stovebolt Engine
Co and he was kind enough to let me swap the Fenton's for Clifford headers.

<    If you are buying the Clifford and Fenton stuff from
<Stovebolt Engine
<Co, ask Mr. Langdon about possible interference and fitting
<problems, he may
<be able to pre-fit the pieces and eliminate problem areas
<before shipping to
<you.