Re: [oletrucks] Temp gauge sending unit

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Temp gauge sending unit
From: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 09:45:29 -0800
The only electrical gauge that I know of that works in an AD is from a GMC
big truck (of the same vintage).  If that's the case, the hot side of the
temp gauge is closest to the hot terminal to the fuel gauge (right next to
each other).  I converted mine to 12 volts using coils from a '57 temp gauge
and of course had it recalibrated (then you have to use a 12V sending unit).
The other term goes to the sending unit.