[oletrucks] Members Experiences with Big TF Trucks

To: oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Members Experiences with Big TF Trucks
From: DeLibre@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 00:07:10 EST
Guess this is "GMC 450 Info" continued..

I did come across some 450 images, and further phone calls with the owner of
the GMC Police Ambulance is making me really persuaded to pick this thing up.

I've been real pleased with getting parts for my 1/2-ton TF 3100, between
Chevy Duty, et. al.  But I'm concerned about what kind of situation I'd be in
when the two-speed axle, Hydrovac brake system, or my 20" rims start giving
me trouble.

Anybody have much experience with these TF Chevy and Task Force 1-ton and
above trucks?  Aftermarket parts availablility and delivery time?  Additional
resto or repair costs?

Thanks.. (FWIW, driving out to take a look at it Sat. morning.  Bringing out
a few long lengths of various-sized hose to replace any dried-up vacuum brake
lines, some bottles of brake fluid, and some gas.  If this thing starts up,
has brake pressure and can stop, and can get through all gears, I'm gonna be
strongly tempted, parts problems or not)