RE: [oletrucks] Question?

To: "Bob Fischer" <bfischer@utm.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Question?
From: "Tibbers" <tibbers@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 09:02:53 -0800
Do any of you know if the heat generated at that spot is harmful to the
steering box in the long run?  I have a '56 with a V8 and rams horn exhaust
that dumps right next to the box.  I am concerned that the heat generated
there will harm the box over time.  I have some oil seepage now, but I am
attributing that to using normal gear oil, and not using the Chevy specified
lube in the box.  I hate to get rid of the exhaust manifolds due to the fact
that they are the rare, large diameter, Corvette style units, that flow very
nicely.

Gordon