Re: [oletrucks] 53 cab vs 49 Cab

To: Larry Anderson <landerso@zoomnet.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 53 cab vs 49 Cab
From: Brad Newman <bkn6@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 14:23:28 -0600
Larry Anderson wrote:

>         I need to know if a 49 cab is the same as a 53 cab. I have a
> chance to pick
> up a good bare 53 cab and I thought I would ask the PROFESSIONAL (This
>
> group) before I bought it.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Larry 49 GMC

> 1959

Larry
If you are talking about the cab only (no doors, rubber, etc), then the
only differences are that the 49 has a side cowl vent and the 53
doesn't, and if the cab is an early 49, the headliner will install a
little different (location of center bar). Other than that they should
be the same.
Someone will correct me if I left something out!
Brad