Re: [oletrucks] 53 cab vs 49 Cab

To: "Larry Anderson" <landerso@zoomnet.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 53 cab vs 49 Cab
From: "Tony D'Angelo" <tonyd3@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 00:31:15 -0800
Larry,
I have a 53 or 54 cab that I will get around to putting on my 51.

On the cab that I have, the striker mounting area/recess is different.  In
52 or 53? (whenever they switched to push button door handles from turndown
handles), the cab indent for the striker was made shallower in its central
portion (ie, where the latch mechanism engages).  If you use the newer cab,
the striker will need some spacers around the bolt holes.  I don't think
this will interfere with the door operation.  In lieu of this, there is an
"original" type striker for the later cab that looks like it will allow the
original door lock to engage.  I don't think the newer reproduction type
(the one with the steel triangle riveted to it) will work.  However, I have
not unbolted one of my doors to test this theory in the new cab.

E-mail me direct if you have more questions and I will dig through my parts
and be more specific.

Tony D.