Re: [oletrucks] Cameo trucks?

To: Tom Hosmer <350chevy@usa.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cameo trucks?
From: dcvjrv@flashcom.net
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 16:39:52 -0500
Tom,

Your are correct that they were built from 55-58 and there is also a GMC
version that was called Suburban Carrier Pickup.  The bed is a stepside
with fiberglass sides, front side panels and a panel over the tailgate,
this configuration makes it look like a fleetside pickup.  They are
somewhat rare as there was not that many produced.  I think that there were
less than 1000 GMC's built over the four year period.  Parts that are
different are getting harder to find although there some of the parts are
being reproduced.  If you are interested in a picture let me know and I
will send you a picture of what mine will look like when it is finished.

Jim V.
'58 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup - V8 Automatic