Re: [oletrucks] Blasting

To: "J Forbes" <jforbes@primenet.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Blasting
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:04:51 -0800
Hi Jim,

>Never messed with baking soda, but I hear it works ok...cleanup may be a
>hassle, but then cleanup is a hassle with any method, especially if you
>blast the inside of a body or cab.
>
>Jim

I seem to be the apostle of baking soda blasting.  Without wanting to sound
like a broken record, I really like it, probably because I hate open
blasting with grit so much.  Being able to blast with goggles and dust mask
instead of a hot clumsy hood is a big advantage.

Anyway, in my experience, cleanup is not a problem.  With sand or beads, the
best you can hope for is to have to sweep up or sweep into your flower beds,
while baking soda can just be hosed away, providing you don't do it so often
that the pH builds up and kills your grass.

Regards,

Grant S. gls@4link.net