Re: [oletrucks] Oil Pressure Problems?

To: <Passnb4U@aol.com>, <STELLMAN@noex.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Oil Pressure Problems?
From: "Jimmy Whitley" <doodle@flintemc.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:50:47 -0500
Boy this seems to hit everyone. Back in November,I had to replace the heads
which was giving me a 11 to 1 compression.I replaced the heads and built it
again to a 383 . When I first cranked it , it had 80 psi .I drove it six
miles the oil pressure fell to 20 then to 0 . I replaced the VDO gauge with
a mechanical still no psi. I added  2 quarts of fluid to see if pickup tube
had fallen off,nope then replaced the oil pump again with melling High
volume.No such luck.I removed front timing cover to see if oil galley plugs
had blown out. Still no such luck I decided to change the FRAM PH 30 which I
had always run on it,with a wix and now it has 80 psi hot and Idles at
around 40.
I did contact Fram which has the filter and ALL  RECEIPTS and waiting on
reply. I have put 287 miles on this filter and it is doing fine.