Re: [oletrucks] Harmonic Ballancer Removal??

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Harmonic Ballancer Removal??
From: "BelAir Bob" <rogerz@planetwide.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:23:58 -0600
Never mind my request for help.  I just got the broken bolt out.  I decided
to try to drill it in place and I'll be darned if it didn't work exactly
the way I planned.  I drilled an 1/8" hole all the way through and then
started with a 1/4" bit.  The 1/4" bit had just started to cut when the
bolt started spinning.  I used a pair of Vise Grips to back the bolt out
until I could grap it on top.  It's almost scary when things work the way
they should. ;-)

Robert
82  1/2 ton Crew Cab short bed (custom)
57 Belair Sport Coupe restored to factory specs.
55 - 2  3100, 3105 & 6400
and a few others