[oletrucks] Bed wood

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Bed wood
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 08:04:29 EST
An irate customer called.  He got a bed wood kit from Carter's, and found the
rabbets and grooves where the skid strips go are not cut deep enough.  He got
the bed installation booklet and page 6 shows end view of planks with
"proper" grooving.  Text says skid strip top sticks out above the wood just a
hair-- or somthing like that.  I spoke to Carter's people, who say the book
is wrong, there should be no rabbet, just 2 grooves where edge of skid strip
drops down.  So horizontal section of strip sits on top of plank.

Does anyone have a real original bed whose skid strips have not been pounded
into the wood over years of abuse?  How high do the strips ride?

I've also seen these called ware irons to hold up your wares, and wear irons
to keep planks from wearing out.  and the real name is....

1953 master Parts Cat. calls them Iron, floor board wear.

Bob ADler