Re: [oletrucks] Bed wood

To: Advdesign1@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bed wood
From: bob casebeer <ddduck@garlic.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 09:10:43 -0800
I have a 72 1/2 ton short bed stepside truck that has very
original wood in the bed because its had a shell over it
most of its life. The bedstrips are rabbited into the wood and
are about 1/8 inch higher than the wood. There is a offset in
back metal by the tailgate for the wood to set on and it flush there
if the bed strips aren't down far enough you would see the end
of them there. This bed is the last of the wood beds with metal
strips and looks just like all the older trucks i have seen.
I have a bedwood kit from fankeins in minn that is hand selected
ash that i just looked at it and it has a rabit in the wood about
3/16 deep by a little more in width.
While on the subject of bedwood and hardware if you are doing
something and are going to use stainless. There is a difference
some stainless strips are rolled through a die and some are
stamped the cost is almost the same but the stamped stuff looks
a lot better.
Bob Casebeer