Re: [oletrucks] Power steering

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Power steering
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 12:17:59 -0500
If you are using the stock front suspension, Most vendor sell a kit which
allows you to use a later model steering box on the outside of the frame.
Unfortunately Chevytrucks.org doesn't have a tech article on this, but
http://www.classictruckshop.com/ has a good article with photos on it
for this exact install.. If you'll look on their left frame under project
section,
then go to chevrolet,then power steering. The article resides there..
A fellow list member Claude Ramey has just completed this install on his
59---same thing as a 58 in this aspect...
He detailed the install wonderfully-complete with pic on his web site.
http://www.n-link.com/~rameyfam/truckpg.htm
Take a look at both for some great info on it...Claudes may be best...
Wayne