RE: [oletrucks] Gen. - Alt. / Points to electronic

To: "Knapik, Robert J" <robert.j.knapik@intel.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Gen. - Alt. / Points to electronic
From: Jack Halton <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 12:37:58 -0500 (EST)
>I've got a 58 Chevy 3100 with a 235 what's the best
>way to convert my Gen. to an alternator?

E-mail Patricks (Patstrks@aol.com) or call (520) 836-1117 and request a
catalog. It has a good page on changing from generator to alternator, upgrade
to 12 Volt electrics etc. Also check FAQs at WWW.STOVEBOLT.COM and tech section
of WWW.CHEVYTRUCKS.ORG

>Also what distributor do I need to convert to electronic
>ignition.

Buy a converted HEI from Langdons Stovebolt Engine Co
(www.stoveboltengineco.com), or buy a Pertronix conversion kit
(www.pertronix.com)

Jack / Winter Park FL