Re: [oletrucks] valve adjust

To: Thomas M OBrien <tmobrien@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] valve adjust
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:44:52 -0700
You should only have to adjust the valves on an hydraulic lifter once for
the life of the engine. The procedure varies from book to book, but this is
the way we all did it at the dealership. With the valves in the seated
position, tighten the nut until you can't spin the pushrod with your
fingers, turn nut one half to 3/4 of a turn. Yes, you tighten them too much,
the valve won't seal tightly and if you drive it that way, it can burn the
valve seat or valce face in short time. The valve and seat is dependant on a
tight seat to dump exess heat, not to metion good power and a smooth running
motor.