Re: [oletrucks] rewiring job

To: "Terry and Annette OBrien" <taobrien@baynet.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] rewiring job
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 08:43:50 -0800
Hi Terry,

I've been rewiring these old trucks for over 10 years now and have using
kits from  Ron Francis, Painless Wiring Company and my own scratch build
kits.

If your not adding a/c, p/w, p/locks, p/ seats etc., I would recommend the
Painless Kit. This kit will supply you with all the circuit protection
you'll need "more than what the factory gave you", easy installation and at
a lower cost than Ron Francis.

Don't get me wrong Painless does have kits that will cover every electrical
circuit available it's just that they have several different circuit
protection designs to choose from but their brochures describe all the
circuits that will be protected so you can choose the kits that right for
you.

I've had trouble with the Ron Francis Kit's on several occasion's it the
past and now only recommend Painless Wiring Kit's.

You can wire it yourself.  You just need to acquire the fuse panel, know the
correct wire size for each circuit and the fuse rating, and wire a circuit
at a time to test it's operation before going on to the next one.

Joe
http://chevy1.freeservers.com/