Re: [oletrucks] 6v gas gage on 12 volts

To: "Old Trucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 6v gas gage on 12 volts
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 09:41:58 -0800
I got a modern bottom sweep stewart warner gauge, removed the face from my
old gauge by drilling out two small rivets at the bottom, and using tiny
screws, screwed it to the new stewart warner gauge body.  I thnk I had to
redrill the holes in the gauge housing.  I also cut the needle from the
original gauge and super glued it onto the stewart warner needle.

You'll also need to change the resistor on the sending unit, as someone
recently mentioned.

Total cost was less than $20.

Regards,

Grant S. gls@4link.net