Re: [oletrucks] Dont do this!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Dont do this!
From: Lewis Osborn <losborn@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 23:32:26 -0800
Can  you  tell  me how an insurance company is _better_ than the HMO you speak
of?   Sure,  you may choose your doctor, but the insurance company will decide
what care you need, how many days you'll be able to stay in the hospital, etc.
THEN,  they'll  inundate you with forms, paperwork, stalling, and double-talk,
in  the hope that you'll just give up and pay the bill yourself.  I had Kaiser
for  over  20  years  with  NO  complaints.  I'd still have them if my present
employer offered them.  Instead, I fight the insurance company on every claim.

The  so-called  HMOs  that you're complaining about are NOT Health MAINTENANCE
Organizations  in  ANY sense of the word - they're just insurance companies in
HMOs clothing.
--
Lewis - K7LVO - Medford - Valley of the Rogue - OR
The Forty - 1940 Chevy Pickup - One Owner