Re: [oletrucks] IFS Crossmember Clearance?

To: "Terry S. Glines" <ace0027@attglobal.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] IFS Crossmember Clearance?
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 19:20:10 -0800
I just went outside and took a measurement off of my truck and came up with
4  whole inches.

I'm running 235/60/15 .

Now I installed a Fatman Fabrication "Low One" Crossmember which was
manufactured to be installed higher up into the frame rails there by
lowering the truck more than a stock Mustang II Crossmember.  I also had to
c-notch the frame rails for steering "tie rod" clearance.

My lower control arms are parallel to the ground.

If you didn't purchase a Crossmember that was manufactured with a drop built
in you might have a chance with the dropped spindles.

I personally would recommend against the dropped spindles especially if you
have  plans of driving the truck on a daily basis.  It's going to be way to
low!

Take a look at what the 4" of Crossmember clearance looks like and let me
know what you decide.

http://chevy1.freeservers.com/

Joe
Chevy1