[oletrucks] 58 fender patch panels question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 58 fender patch panels question
From: varanus@phoenix.net
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:29:22 -0600
Hi:

my lower fender tips (dog legs) on my 58 suburban need to be
replaced.

The chevy duty & jim carters companies do not have 58/59 fender
patch panels - they only have 55-57.  I realize that the TF trucks all had
basically the same fenders as far as the sides go but both companies
said that they are not exact and that my body man will fit them
correctly.

Has anyone on the list put these 55-57 repair panels on their 58/59
chevs??   If so, how did they fit, how was the quality and are they
basically the same animal as a 58/59 lower fender??

I have bought the hinge pocket repair panels from Chev Duty and
they were very nice and look (and feel) factory when installed.  So, my
guess is that these fender panels are also good parts.  But, I would
still like some testimonials ;)
Thanks, Eric