Re: [oletrucks] 6 lug disk brakes and dual m/c

To: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>, "Rawlin Blake" <blake@nevada.edu>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 6 lug disk brakes and dual m/c
From: "Michael and Stephany Zaic" <mzaic@athens.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 23:07:45 -0500
I'll side with Rawlin and Grant.
I had a similar experience with a 66 Chevy truck and a single reservoir
m/c, but the outcome wasn't so nice.  In a "panic" stop situation, the rear
rubber line blew.  Just enough pressure went to the left front before
failure to pull me into the oncoming lane.  I t-boned a fella in the
oncoming lane, who was turning onto a side road.  I bent the steering wheel
with my forehead, and the fire department cut the roof off the other
fella's car to get him out.  I had only three stitches, but he had a broken
leg and several broken ribs.
I feel that you can never have enough braking capacity!
Michael Z.