[oletrucks] ' 79 305 and S-10 motor mounts

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] ' 79 305 and S-10 motor mounts
From: "Andy Johns" <andy51chevy@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:34:42 -0500
Hey all,
I was looking at swapping in a v8 engine to replace my 216.  I'm going with
the S-10 frame, and I have found a site that makes motor mounts and has
books for S-10 v8 conversions.  The specific engine is a 305 from a 79
Malibu.  I have heard that that is a "bad" year for engines.  What does
"bad" mean?  I don't know much a bout engines, so try to keep the responses
relatively simple.
    By the way, to all of those who asked my about the s-10 frames, you
should have gotten a chart from me.  If you didn't email me off list and
I'll send it again.
Thanks,
Andy Johns
1951 3100