Re: [oletrucks] dot 5 BRAKE fluid

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] dot 5 BRAKE fluid
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 22:50:49 EST
Agreed that Dot3 eats paint and Dot5 doesn't.  The problem is that Dot5 is
advertised based on non water absorbancy but water still gets in the brake
system and just collects in pools instead of thru out the fluid.  Bleed the
brakes often.

The Corvette racing crowd I run with almost all run F**d brake fluid, except
for me and I run Valvoline synthetic (higher boiling point the reason on both
counts);  all of us bleed brakes after each race (get rid of air bubbles) and
do a complete flush once per year (water lowers the boiling point).  The
bleeding is excessive for streeters, but the once a year flush isn't a bad
idea to get rid of any accummulated water.

Mark Noakes