[oletrucks] Distributor Year

To: "Old Trucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Distributor Year
From: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 13:13:39 -0800
I'm trying to figure out what distributor 1112353-OJ26 (Delco Remy) came out
of.  I looked in the '50 and '57 Master Parts Catalog and cannot find the
part number (I think the last four digits are a serial number)  I'm
currently running it in a '61 261 motor (but pulled it out of a late '50s
235 but it looks early 50s).  I've noticed the '50s-ish distributors have
different caps and rotors depending on particular year range.  What I want
to do is find a replacement cap/points/and rotor for this distributor.
Lastly, does it make a difference if I run a 235 dist. in a 261 motor?

Thanks,
Allen in Seattle
'50 3100