[oletrucks] Suppliers take note Re. paint info.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Suppliers take note Re. paint info.
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 07:23:16 EST
> One of the things I have not gotten at all familiar with in the painting
>  process is getting a can of paint (like in this case from Chevy Duty) and
>  then somehow miraculously deciding correctly how much to thin it.

If you buy from an autobody supply they will have instruction sheets with all
necessary info if you ask.  They also have measuring cups, stirring sticks,
strainers, and hats  if you ask.  Our suppliers should know a significant
percentage of their customers are novices and supply more detailed
instructions.  I'll be happy to work with suppliers who read this as I have
been painting for 30 years.  At PPG paint school last year one point heavily
stresed was use the measuring cup.  The closer you get the mixing ratios the
longer the paint will stay on.  Most important with urethanes.  Novices:
Demand more paint technical info.  Suppliers:  This will cost little but pay
significant dividends in overall restoration quality.
Bob ADler