Re: [oletrucks] Windshield Removal

To: WR Teto <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Windshield Removal
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 15:02:25 -0700
If you get the windshield out in one piece, use it as a pattern and buy a sheet
of tri-plate and cut your own windshield. i used to do this. I was paraniod at
first, but its really a lot easier than it appears. Just trace the old
windshield on both sides. Lay the uncut glass on a workbench with a piece of
indoor/outdoor carpet. Cut straight lines on both sides, trying to make only one
pass with the cutter. Push on the cuts with gloves on just enough to make the
glass break. Do the same thing on the other side. With a box cutter, cut the
plastic layer in the middle. For the corners, cut as usual, but use glass pliers
and bend back and forth the break the glass. Cut as you did on the straight
cuts. Use a wet band sander to polish the edges. You can use a cordless sander
with water proof sandpaper and have somebody trickle the garden hose on the
sanded surface to prevent the glass from cracking and to extend sanding media
life.
new mexico jim
51 two ton dump
50 ½ ton