[oletrucks] 235 or 261?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 235 or 261?
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 18:54:11 -0700
I have a 2 ton chevy dump and somebody has changed engines in it. I looked for
the numbers on the block just in front of the vacuum advance canaster on the
distributor. The is an embossing that is not drilled where the number usually
are. I looked on my 50's 235 and its where I just described. Somebody tols my
the 261's had 2 vertical casting lines an inch or so long above the starter (on
the bock) and about 5 inches forward of the rear of the engine. This engine has
those 2 vertical casring marks. Is this a 261? Where are the engine numbers on a
261?
new mexico jim