[oletrucks] Off topic - physical

To: "Trucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Off topic - physical
From: "Terry Beynon" <tbeynon@dsl.telocity.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:18:03 -0600
Out of lurking for an emotional plea. I don't comment much because I know
nothing. We have a bunch of pieces that when assembled will be a 55-1
rodded. (When I get better).
On Friday (happy St. Patty's day!) I'm having surgery to have my prostate
removed due to the big C. This isn't a call for a pity party. Since I've
been on the list soooo long, maybe 3 years???, I consider you part of my
family. Before my exam, I didn't even know where my prostate was or what it
did. I had not been to a doctor in 10 years. I'm 52 and in relative good
health (except for one small problem :^)). So here's the deal. If you're
over 50 get a physical every year and have them do a PSA and a DRE. I'm not
going to bore the younger members with the details but if you're interested
in more info, I've read a couple of books and have some firsthand
experience. Next week, when I get out of the hospital (there are no T-1's in
my hospital) I will look forward to catching up.
Terry