[oletrucks] '58>'59 Upper Front Shock Mount

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] '58>'59 Upper Front Shock Mount
From: Tim Seawolf Self <tim@route66autoclub.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 20:10:47 -0800
Does anybody have some words of wisdom regarding the Front Upper Shock Mounts?
Any horror stories about the mount snapping and a brand new shock going into
the ground or a tire?

These things seem to suffer from metal fatigue and then break off.  They were
broke on my '58 when I got it and a PO welded them back together, on the '59.

Would a off road or 4x4 store have a replacement that won't break?

TIA
Tim