[oletrucks] 52 GMC 1 1/2 Ton

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 52 GMC 1 1/2 Ton
From: Adam Brandon Whitson <ABWDVM@rocketmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 15:38:10 -0800 (PST)
Got it converted to 12v pos ground, got it started, road tested it.
Oil pressure gauge reads allmost 60psi.  I think either the thermistat
is stuck open or has been removed.

Figured out how to solve the fuel line problem.  The short line from
the tank's stopcock, to the metal fuel line leaked.  I had a regular
pipe threaded nipple to install, but the threads were wrong.  Turns out
a small piece of metal brakeline has the correct threads.  I cut and
smoothed it, slipped some rubber fuel on it, and problem solved.

Plan. . .

Can I get a thermistat at the local auto parts store?

2 speed axle doesn't work, any suggestion on where to start?

Cant budge the knob to shift the PTO, so can't raise the bed.

Confused with the connection in the engine compartment for the
deadlights.  I should be able to buy some 12v light for it right?

I don't think the brakes are vacumn assisted, i guess i need to bleed
them extensively, i have to pump the pedal 3 times to get them to work.

Anyone able to make this serial out?

353 - 24 - S - 4613?

Thanks

=====