[oletrucks] Stainless steel?

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Stainless steel?
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:09:19 -0800
I recently bought some stainless steel bed strips from one of the more
popular suppliers, and left them out in the driveway with the wood that I
plan to use to floor my truck bed.  Next morning there was a layer of
surface rust, which has not gotten any worse, but has me concerned.  I
thought stainless steel was not supposed to rust.  It isn't bad, and will
probably come off with some steel wool.  Should I just send them back, or is
this typical, and to be expected?

Thanks-

Smokey Culver
'50 3600 5-window (mine) & '56 3600 (hers)