Re: [oletrucks] Finding what I really need in an oletruck

To: "Robert Horvick" <rhorvick@GreatPlains.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Finding what I really need in an oletruck
From: "Terry Beynon" <tbeynon@mail.dsl.telocity.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 13:58:15 -0600
I noticed a couple of things Robert. One is your using your work e-mail for
the trucks AND the other is you work for  the accounting software my company
uses - get back to work! :^) I'm no expert by any means but maybe this will
keep you until the people that DO know something get home from work.

On the 216 vs. 235 the biggest difference is the internal oiling of the
bearings which the 235 has. Patrick's has a lower gear (higher ratio) to
change the rear end so once you get to fourth gear the RPM's are down around
4,000. Try your hand at the archives:
http://www.escribe.com/automotive/american/chevygmtruck/index.html

BTW to no one in particular the old archives appear to have disappeared.

This is a quote from Chevy Duty's catalog.
1953 - Last year for 216 cu.in. babbit bearing type engine. Hood side emblem
changed to large 3100, 3600, 3800,
etc only. No CHEVROLET emblem on side. Door post ID plate is now blue &
silver. Prior years were black
& silver. Last year that wood blocks are used under bed. Serial #'s, H
1/2ton, J 3/4ton, L 1ton, etc.
Terry
sitting at home - healing