Re: [oletrucks] Doesn't Wanna Die -- spray, don't pour!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Doesn't Wanna Die -- spray, don't pour!
From: Michael_P_Dempsey@amat.com
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 17:27:30 -0800
Just wanted to thank everyone for all the great advice, and let you know what
actually worked.  Three things;  First I used a fire hose on the carb.  No I
carefully poured (the spray bottle would have been better) water a few drops at
a time down the barrels.  Then I lowered the idle speed (it was set pretty
high).  And finally, I leaned the mixture out and found the "sweet spot."  Took
her for a relatively long drive today and when it came time to shut down, not
even the slightest dieseling.

Thanks,
Mike