[oletrucks] Newer Parts (Big)

To: "oletrucks@onelist" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Newer Parts (Big)
From: "Gary L. Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 14:11:29 -0500
I have a Chevy 2-ton that I rebuilt brakes and etc. on and had hard time
finding cylinders and had my old shoes rebuilt 'cause no new ones around.
Now, I'm looking at a 50 COE that needs total rebuild. Most guys take body
off and put on one-ton frame or ??. I like to keep more original. Does anyone
know if newer model rears have same size and spacing of spring perches on
C-50 or C-60 as example? I'ld like to get into something I can get parts for.
Anyone think 1-ton dually axles would handle truck when I'm not hauling
any loads (short wheelbase) and mostly for looks? Putting small flat-bed on.
How new did GM use the I-beam axles on 1-tons or ???. I'm thinking with
one-ton axles and newer brake system it should stop better than when new.
The Hydrovac's on old trucks are a pain and $$$ and could be ommitted
with newer MC and Booster. Changing to newer wheels is another advantage
of newer axles. I'ld like to run 16" wheels if possible or 19.5 or 22.5 if I
have
to stay large axles.
                    Just Thinking and dreaming,        "G"