[oletrucks] off-topic '55 nomad not charging

To: "truck list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] off-topic '55 nomad not charging
From: "Dave P" <my51truck@eudoramail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 16:55:52 -0700
Thanks everyone for opening this,

I'm working on my dad's '55 Nomad with a 327 and th400. It isn't charging. I
have taken the alternator to the parts store and it checks  out fine. I have
replaced the voltage regulator, the battery has a full charge on it, I've
replaced the connetion on the alternator, and cleaned the terminals. Guess
what?? it still isn't charging!!! What do it check next? Could it be the little
box below the voltage regulator? I alway thought that was the horn relay.

I'm also wondering how does the charge get from the alternator to the battery?
Through the starter?

Please help me. We want to cruise, but don't like asking for a jump when we
shut the motor off. ---

Dave P
'51 project
'53 part-time project