RE: [oletrucks] Fw:FW; Please read, viewpicture and pass along [w

To: "'Bruce Damen'" <little-castle-contracting@cadvision.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Fw:FW; Please read, viewpicture and pass along [w
From: Robert Horvick <rhorvick@GreatPlains.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 17:04:52 -0500
As a matter of interest - she was found 2 hours later watching TV at a
friends house.

This is probably the first forward of this nature I've ever gotten that
wasn't a hoax - but rather solved, thankfully for the best.

http://www.lionshouse.org/dorian/000093.htm

And to avoid the wrath - I have list related message I've been meaning to
send since getting so much great feedback from the list ...

Thanks to everyone who replied to my plea for info.  To sum it all up:

1) Yes, I do work at Great Plains.  No, this list does not distract me from
my duties - think of it as my 15 minutes of relaxation between 8 hours and
45 minutes of work :)  (Besides, I just build the commercial software - I
don't write it :)

2) Many people suggested that I avoid trucks that are too stock under the
idea that I have no strong intentions of retaining the stock quality of the
truck - and if a truck has survived so long completely stock to let someone
who has goals of a stock truck restore it.  I will definitely take this to
heart as I agree 100%.

3) Several people suggested looking at the 54/55 or even TF years since they
came with a more powerful 235 (or larger) engine which would suit my needs
more appropriately.  The more I look at the stepside TF models the more I
can see myself in one - though the fleetsides do nothing for me (cameos).

4) I have been properly educated on the differences between the 52 and 53 -
thanks to everyone who responded with those hints.

So back to lurking I go - thanks for the great advice and thank god she was
found safe.

Robert Horvick
Global Development Build Coordinator
Great Plains Software, Fargo ND