[oletrucks] Portland swap meet

To: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Portland swap meet
From: "Don Simmons" <tasimmons@cbnn.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 11:04:32 -0700
I just got back from the Portland (Oregon) swap meet and the weather was
fantastic. Sunny and in the High 60's -low 70's! Unusual for Portland. I had
a great time,got to meet Stan (the man) of list fame who had a space
there.Great guy by the way! Although I missed Miq (pronounced Mike) Millman,
I did talk to him on the phone. He also is a very nice guy. I saw lots of AD
trucks and got revitalized about working on mine(53 3100)again. Its been
under a tarp in my backyard since being evicted from my garage so I can work
on my sons 62 Fleetside.Anyway, I've decided to go with monoleaf springs on
front and put the 235 back in to get it back on the road. Also I'm going to
put 54 Chevy car drums on the front to get 5 lug (if I can find any) and
change out the rear end to end up with 5 lug also. I currently have 57
pickup rearend in it(open driveline). The rest will remain relatively
stock(except for wheels and tires).Rodding will have to wait once again. So
if anyone knows where I can find a  front set of 54 car drums(in turnable
shape) I would appreciate hearing from you. Well its back to work tomorrow
but great weather for working on oletrucks is here.
Don Simmons
53  3100
62 Fleetside Shortbox (sons)
64 D**ge Dart GT (daughters)
57 210 wagon (wifes) so she says anyway.
67 GMC van (sons current driver)
85 Silverado