[oletrucks] Pistol thermometer

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Pistol thermometer
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:25:01 -0400
We use these pistol thermometer on our press units at work to check the
bearing temperature. It basically shoots a laser and whatever the laser
hits it reports that temperature on a lcd readout. We have tested this $700
unit against a $60k infrared digital video camera and believe it or not the
temperature was about .5 degrees off. Real close...  If you can hit the
point with the laser it will read the temp...  Real fun toys--wayne