Re: [oletrucks] 52 2-ton GMC, Rear Brakes,

To: oletrucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 52 2-ton GMC, Rear Brakes,
From: Vince Kieffer <vk30345@navix.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:11:33 -0700
I have seen some old timers boil the brake fluid out of the shoes using a
torch. (I don't know if in this is safe, due to the fumes??) But what they
did is clamp the shoe in a vise, heat it, and the brake fluid will rise to
the
surface. Then wipe it off with a shop towel and repeat until no more
shows. Rough up the surface with sand paper and your ready to go.