Re: [oletrucks] Rear axel shims

To: "smiler" <moneymatters@snet.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rear axel shims
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:08:24 -0700
You must have an open drive to be seeing the angle of the u-joints?  If so,
what you want to do is take a protractor and place it on the yoke coming out
of the transmission and record the angle.  Then take an angle measurement at
the pinion flange where the u-joint connect and record that angle.  The two
angles need to cancel out to be in phase.  That means if the front angle is
2 degrees down  the rear needs to be 2 degrees up.

I on the other hand always set up my rearends to be 2 degrees down because
on acceleration with a leaf spring rearend the axle rotates up.

Joe
http://chevy1.freeservers.com/
http://jeepster.freeservers.com/
http://50chevy.freeservers.com/