Re: [oletrucks] Paint Primer

To: dkrehbiel@kscable.com (Deve Krehbiel)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Paint Primer
From: Tom3600@webtv.net
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 17:47:28 -0400 (EDT)
--WebTV-Mail-16861-4402

Deve -

I hate to tell you this but if you are just spraying the SWP product on
and then wiping it off you are only cleaning the surface of the metal
and doing very little actual phosphatizing.  The key here is that you
said the SWP product was a cleaner and phosphatizer.  This is probably a
fine product for cleaning but to actually put an iron phosphate coating
on the surface of the metal you must not wipe off the coating until it
"cures" and leaves a grayish film.  On the other hand if you have excess
iron phosphate in recessed areas and runs under bolts and bolt holes,
you must remove this excess or you will have adhesion failure in the
future.   It ain't simple.
Rubber gloves (not plastic or latex), eye protection and something to
protect you from inhaling the fumes is a MUST!

-
Tom Poterack
'49 Chevy 3600

--WebTV-Mail-16861-4402