[oletrucks] Subframe Width Problem UPDATE

To: "'joe'" <chevy1@jps.net>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Subframe Width Problem UPDATE
From: Terry Stellman <STELLMAN@noex.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 09:32:28 -0500
Joe,

Over the weekend I tried the Monte Carlo rotors on my Nova subframe and " if
it sounds too good to be true "  well it probably is.  The rotors bolt on
fine if you use the G-body wheel bearings.  The problem lies in the fact
that the bearing races are located differently in relation to the rotor
brake surfaces.  If you have new brake pads like I do, then the F-body
calipers won't fit.  I would be willing to invest in new calipers or even
new spindles if I would gain anything but I measured the distance from the
wheel flange to a reference point (upper ball joint) from both the F-body
and G-body rotors and with the shift of the G-body rotor you only gain 3/8"
at best.  I boxed everything up and returned it.  Now I'm back to square
one.

Do you know if there are other coil springs that will give me an inch or two
lift such as Z28 springs or big block Chevelle or something?  It seems real
hard to find installed spring height information.  I'm also wondering if
upgrading the sway bar would help.  I've got one that is 7/8" right now with
old bushings.  Thanks for any ideas or input.

Terry Stellman
1949 3600
Missouri City, Texas