[oletrucks] Two unrelated questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Two unrelated questions
From: Tony Goldsmith <tgoldsmith2@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 20:00:48 -0700 (PDT)
  I have been working on getting my 50 3100 into
longhaul roadworthy condition. I spent $60 on labor to
install a new windshield gasket and $50 for the
gasket. Only to learn that I now have more leaks than
what I started with! The installer mentioned that the
center stainless steel trim had the bottom hole
stripped out. I never noticed it sticking out before
the work started. What I am wondering is does anybody
else have leaks in the lower left drivers side corner?
Is it possible that the water is entering around the
center trim area and running down the gasket to the
corner area? I have been looking for a replacement
trim piece so far no luck. I have been put on a couple
of lists to receive a call if one happens to come in.
  The other question is about driveline engagement to
a late model TurdoHydromatic 350. The driveline that I
am current using is just about perfect in length to my
knowledge. The only thing that I am wondering about is
it too long. I can barely install the driveline. I
seems that some kind of internal spring setup kicks
the driveline out about a half an inch. When I install
my driveline I am only about an eight of inch from
bottoming out. Is this setup okay? Tnxs in advance!

P.S. I am trying to decide which goodguys car (truck)
show to go too! I live right in between Des Moines and
Indianapolis. Is anyone else from the list going  to
either one?

Tony Goldsmith
50 3100
Galesburg, IL